Friday 31 October 2014

Klee Letters


Once again, while I was looking for something else recently, I came across Once Emerged from the Gray of Night, which was painted by Swiss-German artist Paul Klee in 1918.  I like abstract art and I like letters, so I decided to have a go at doing something inspired by it.

I chose a Spanish refrán as my text.  I divided my paper into 2cm squares and coloured the sections with ten different colours of coloured pencils.

I really like this blogpost, which shows how the children used a simple opinion sentence as the text for their Klee-inspired work.  This could easily be adapted to opinions or other short sentences in the target language, which are effectively hidden in the artwork.  It could also be used for making greetings cards in the target language (or English).

Something else to have a play with.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Clare! Gracias wapa por compartirlo :-)

    ReplyDelete